Soroptimist International is a worldwide organization for women in management, business, and the professions working to advance human rights and the status of women. The Auburn club, chartered in 1947, has supported a variety of community and international projects including:
- Shelter for Sisters: partnering with the Auburn Food Bank and others to help homeless women and children move into sustainable housing.
- Women’s Opportunity Award providing scholarships to women heads of households, who overcome difficulties such as homelessness, serious illness or domestic violence
- City of Auburn Barrier-free playground for children of all abilities
- Domestic Abuse Network’s Kids’ Club Program (DAWN) – Providing education and support to children who have witnessed domestic violence
- Support for Mary Olson Heritage Farm.
- Fighting human trafficking through awareness and advocacy
- Establishment and co-chairing of Auburn Fire Medic Fund with Rotary
To meet these community needs and many more, we are host an annual fundraising in event every February called Cupid’s Caper, our annual Valentine auction fundraiser.
Each year the money we raise at this event goes toward our many community and international charities.
Check back soon for information on our 2017 event!