About Cupid’s Caper
To meet community needs and many more, each year we host Cupid’s Caper, our annual Valentine dinner-dance-auction fundraiser every February.
We are grateful for the past support of our generous contributors who have helped us raise over $500,000 through the years. Please see our Sponsorship Opportunities Information for the various levels of sponsorship available.
Soroptimist International is a worldwide organization for women in management, business, and the professions working to advance human rights and the status of women. The Auburn club, chartered in 1947, has supported a variety of community and international projects including:
- “Shelter for Sisters,” our most recent project helping homeless women and children in our community
- Women’s Opportunity Award providing scholarships to women heads of households, who overcome difficulties such as homelessness, serious illness or domestic violence
- ACAP Child and Family Services, providing safe, positive and affordable childcare to help families in our community become or stay employed
- City of Auburn Barrier-free playgrounds for children of all abilities
- Domestic Abuse Network’s Kids’ Club Program (DAWN) – Providing education and support to children who have witnessed domestic violence
- Establishment and Co-chairing of Auburn Fire Medic Fund in partnership with Auburn Rotary